Important Merger Information:
- Masks will be required on flights.
- Flights departing from or arriving in Honolulu (HNL) will be at Mokulele Terminal 3 located on Aolele Street.
- Passengers 18 and older need to have a VALID State-Issued Driver's License or State ID at check-in.
- UNACCOMPANIED MINORS, age of 5 -17 must have a Birth Certificate copy or State-Issued ID when traveling alone without an adult. A Parent/Guardian will need to sign paperwork and provide identification at the station before a minor can be transported.
- All minors under the age of 18 must be booked through the Mokulele Call Center 866-260-7070. Call Center booking fees and unaccompanied minor fees will be waived.
To the People of Molokai,
I cannot thank you enough for all your support of Makani Kai Air. My mission was to be the best airline for the Molokai people. Because of your loyalty, we built the best airline terminal in the State. It was for you, the people of Molokai.
The merger of Southern Airways / Mokulele and Makani Kai Air will take the best of both airlines and make a really good one, for you. As the VP of Hawaii operations, I will work together with Southern to provide that local style of business us Hawaiians like.
"Try wait, try wait Aunty, have patience, Kamehameha did not conquer the islands overnight." We have regulatory hurdles to jump but, over time, you’ll see a slow but steady change for the better.
Eventually, Mokulele will move to the Makani Kai terminal. We plan to add rental cars, a shuttle service to and from the main terminal and, keep it between you and me please, a hot dog stand.
We will be stronger together and more flexible to meet your needs. Please contact me if there is anything I can do for you or your Ohana.
With fond aloha,
VP Hawaii Operations
Southern Air Express
From the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic both Makani Kai Air and Mokulele have worked towards ensuring that their passengers are the best-served in the industry. To that end, going forward we are joining forces with Mokulele Airlines on a permenant basis.
Richard Schuman will continue as the operator of services in the Hawaii region.
Our operations will begin combining on June 15th, 2020. To book a new flight, please use the flight search engine above. Anyone who has flight credit or bookings on hold with Makani Kai Air will have them honored through Mokulele's schedule, but for the moment you should call +1 (808) 834-1111 between 8am and 5pm HST to reserve your flight. Over the next few months our services and locations will continue to combine as the Mokulele brand.
You may still contact our staff at +1 (808) 834-1111 between the hours of 8am and 5pm HST.